National Professional Qualifications
We are proud to be a Key Delivery Partner for the Church of England (in partnership with the Catholic Education Service) offering the full suite of NPQs to teachers and school leaders nationwide.
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are a nationally recognised suite of qualifications for teachers and school leaders at all levels - from those who want to develop expertise in high quality teaching practice to those leading multiple schools across a trust.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from a rich curriculum based on evidence-based practice
- Transfer your learning as and when you change schools
- Complete your learning in a flexible way- both virtually and in regional face to face groups
In addition, the revised suite of NPQs has been refreshed to reduce the workload burden on teachers while still having the opportunity to develop and apply their knowledge, skills and understanding.
Why complete your NPQ with us?
Completing your NPQ with the Church of England (in partnership with the Catholic Education Service) will give you the added benefits of:
- Small group expert coaching for every leader on every programme, in partnership with Chartered College of Teaching and Leadership Matters
- Learning alongside peers with shared commitment to vision-driven education (including focus on rural and small schools)
- Expert facilitators from high-performing MATs/schools, Teaching School Hubs supported by leading academics bringing the research base alive
- Support for your wellbeing and personal growth through our extensive Peer Support Networks, and Diocesan Education teams
National Professional Qualification for Leading Teacher Development
The NPQLTD programme is for teachers who lead, or are aspiring to lead, the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching
The NPQLT programme is for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
National Professional Qualification for Leading Behaviour and Culture
The NPQLBC is a programme for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
The NPQSL is for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
National Professional Qualification for Headship
The NPQH provides a unique opportunity to grow as a leader. This programme is for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to become, a headteacher or head of school, with responsibility for leading a school.
National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership
This programme is for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, an executive headteacher or have a school trust-wide role with responsibility for leading several schools. This includes those with trust-wide responsibility for aspects of trust development (e.g. Head of School Improvement, Director of Education etc.), and executive leadership in non-academy contexts – such as Federations and other school groupings.