ParentPay – our new online payment service
We are pleased to announce that we will shortly be accepting payments online for dinner money. Using a secure website called ParentPay you will be able to pay online using your credit or debit card. ParentPay will be our preferred method for dinner money payments.
What are the benefits to parents and pupils?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24/7 –
- the technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind
- payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint
- full payment histories and statements are available to you securely online at anytime
- your children won’t have to worry about losing dinner money at school
- Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS text
How to get started with ParentPay…
We will shortly be sending you your account activation username and password, once you receive these:
- Visit www.parentpay.com
- Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. NB. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
- Once activation is complete you can go to straight to Items for Payment, select which item you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment.
For more information please click here. Link to https://www.parentpay.com/PR1/Info/PP_Parents.aspx
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I log in to my account?
Once you have received your activation letter from school with your activation login details you’ll be able to activate your account and start making payments.
Which cards can I use?
ParentPay accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards, and Maestro, Switch, Delta, Electron, Solo and Visa debit cards. Some schools may limit the use of credit cards for some transactions; you will be informed by the school directly of any such restrictions.
Is it safe to make payments on the internet?
Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school has access to your card details.
How can I check that it’s secure?
Standard website addresses begin with http; the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
What about our personal information?
ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account; however ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998.
ParentPay will NEVER contact you by phone, email or mail and ask you to divulge confidential information like passwords or card numbers. If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to be from ParentPay, please contact us immediately on 0845 257 5540.
I don’t have a home PC so how can I use ParentPay?
Why not visit your local library, internet café.
For more information please visit www.parentpay.com