Welcome to Health and Social Care and Child Development
Key Stage 4
GCSE Health and Social Care (AQA), GCSE Child Development (AQA)
Key Stage 4 Health and Social Care (Double Award A level AQA)
The curriculum is delivered through:
Educational visits and visitors
GCSE Child Development/Health and Social Care: Has regular visits from children under 5, visits to nurseries, York Library, visits from health visitors, midwives, nursery nurses, social workers and other practitioners.
A level Health and Social Care (double award). Students visit and have part time volunteering experience in Care Homes, Nurseries, Schools, Hospitals, and Voluntary Organisations.
Our courses are taught by well qualified and experienced staff and supported by good IT facilities in the designated teaching rooms.
Main Programmes of Study (All AQA examination board)
KS4 H & SC
Health, Social Care and Early Years Provision
40% Examination Understanding Personal Development and Relationships
- AS H & SC A2 H & SC
- 4 Units 2 Examined and 2 portfolio (coursework) 4 Units
- 2 Examined and 2 portfolio
- Unit 1 Effective Care and Communication (portfolio) Unit 6 Practitioner Roles (portfolio)
- Unit 2 Understanding Health Conditions and Patient Care pathways (Examined) Unit 8 Using and Understanding Research (portfolio)
- Unit 3 Life as a Challenge (examined) Unit 5 Learning and Development (examined)
- Unit 4 Educating Children and Young People (portfolio) Unit 10 Diagnosis Treatment and Preventative Strategies
KS4 Child Dev.
The theory of Child Development
20% Coursework Research Task